The ADHD ASC & LD Belgium Executive Board Members have been making the necessary accommodations to be in full compliance with the new Data Protection Law (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018. As we value the protection and confidentiality of your personal data, we will provide members of our organisation, subscribers to our Newsletter and those who have asked to be added to our emailing lists throughout the years, including those who have registered by email and online for our events and contacted us for support and resources, etc., the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
Since Spring 2022, we have had a new and improved website. It includes more features that will make unsubscribing from our services much easier for you. Necessary cookies are used on our website, and we shall ask your permission to use other cookies.
Please be assured that ADHD ASC & LD Belgium will use your personal data only for the purpose for which you have given permission and will not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected online or offline from you. We will not share your data or personal information (email address, postal address, phone numbers, or names) to any third parties and will only send you information related to the purpose for which you have given permission. Your information is to be kept confidential unless explicit consent to share is given by you, the user.
ADHD ASC & LD Belgium uses secure data networks that are protected by password protection systems.
ADHD ASC & LD Belgium’s security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our contacts.
Our databases are located in the European Union.
How to Withdraw Email Consent /Unsubscribe
If you wish to stop receiving emails from ADHD ASC & LD Belgium, you may do so by contacting us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Information and Data Rectification
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information ADHD ASC & LD Belgium has about you. You also have, at any time, the right to access, modify, correct and remove the data collected in our database about you. You can request this by contacting us at: email@example.com.
What Personal Data Does ADHD ASC & LD Belgium Process?
We need a lawful basis to collect and use your personal data under data protection law. The law allows for six ways to process personal data (and additional ways for sensitive personal data). Four of these are relevant to the types of processing that we carry out. ADHD ASC & LD Belgium only collects the personal data needed to carry out a service requested by you or by a third party, namely:
- Your consent, via email, from an email address that we reasonably believe to be yours to send you information/notifications by email.
- Contractual relationships (for example, to provide you with services that you have requested or purchased from us, application forms for courses you attended, membership applications, contracts for services you provided).
- The processing that is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (for example, processing your information in end-of-financial year bank statements for events attended, training received membership fees and services provided, to process a donation, and to carry out due diligence on larger donations).
- ADHD ASC & LD Belgium’s legitimate interests.
When we use your personal information, we will always consider if it is fair and balanced to do so and if it is within your reasonable expectations. We will balance your rights and our legitimate interests to ensure that we use your personal information in ways that are not unduly intrusive or unfair. Our legitimate interests include:
- Governance-related Activities: Including delivery of our charitable purposes, statutory and financial reporting and other regulatory compliance purposes.
- Administration and Operational Management: Including responding to solicited enquiries, providing information about our services (workshops, training, conferences, etc.) event management, the administration of volunteers including those who come to us through programmes, such as: Erasmus, Leonardo di Vinci and the like, and any other activities we undertake to raise awareness about ADHD, autism, and other neurodiverse conditions.
Processing of Personal Data by ADHD ASC & LD Belgium
What personal data do we collect: We may collect the following personal information depending on how you provide such information. (for example: any paper forms you complete; correspondence with us for administration or contractual purposes; our website).
We may collect data about professional contacts and partners with whom we work. Personal data collected in this way will be processed in accordance with data protection legislation and this policy. We may send our professional partners information and updates about our work (primarily by email). Such contacts can opt out of receiving this information at any time.
We may maintain a record of information related to policymakers (MP, MEPs) and education authorities (schools) to enable us to undertake our campaigning activity in furtherance of our charitable aims. This will include keeping a record of contact details such as addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses as well as publicly available voting records and committee and group memberships.
Why do we collect your personal data: We collect personal data for many reasons, including providing you with services, communicating with you and sending you information that you have requested, and administering campaigns and donations. Depending on how you interact with us, we may process data for the following reasons.
- To provide you with advice or support that you have requested.
- To administer services ADHD ASC & LD Belgium is providing for you.
- To communicate with you regarding ADHD ASC & LD Belgium’s planned activities for your benefit, to share important information about the latest research, to inform you about webinars and conferences given by other organisations with whom we collaborate, and for fundraising and campaigning activities.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and requests from statutory agencies.
When do we process your personal data: We only process these data in certain situations:
- If you have explicitly given us your permission to do so.
- If it is necessary to process the data in order to provide a service you have requested (e.g. needing your address to send you a publication or your bank account number to receive a payment when you apply to become a member or for admittance to one of our events, etc.).
- If we are legally obliged to process your data (for example, your personal data and ID number to issue further documentation with regards to an event or project).
- If it is necessary in the public interest or for a legitimate purpose (for example, displaying organisations and professionals on our website).
- We will only use your professional membership data for our website to indicate that you are a professional member and include a biography about you if you give your consent to this when you become a professional member.
- We shall not indicate on our website that you have family membership.
Should we provide links to other servers and websites in our web pages because they contain information, which may be of interest to our readers, we take no responsibility (and shall have no liability) for, and exercise no control over, said organisations’s views, or accuracy of the information contained therein.
How does ADHD ASC & LD Belgium treat Personal Data?
To ensure that our services meet a high standard of quality, our files are sometimes checked by our Executive Board Members, all volunteers, namely; the President/VicePresident, the Secretary and the Treasurer. Files may also be checked by local authorities at their request. All volunteers are bound by confidentiality policies.
Sensitive personal data (e.g. health information or bank account numbers) are always treated as confidential and never made public. We will only use your data for the service(s) you requested and we will never pass on contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We will not share any of your personal data to any third party – except when a) we are required to do so by law (for example, to law enforcement or regulatory bodies where this is required or allowed under the relevant legislation) and/or b) we have obtained your consent. We will never share or sell your personal data to a third-party organisation for marketing, fundraising, or campaigning purposes.
How long does ADHD ASC & LD Belgium keep Personal Data?
If you submit an application form to become a member, sign an online declaration, signup through our website for our newsletter service, register for an event or make a payment, we will keep your data for the time needed to provide the service you have requested and/or according to the legal basis of ASBL’s in Belgium. ADHD ASC & LD Belgium may also decide to collect some data in an aggregated form, over a longer period of time, in order to evaluate and make adjustments to its own activities (for example, website visitors, newsletter opening track record).
The length of time that data will be kept may depend on the reasons for which we are processing the data and on the law or regulations that the information falls under, such as financial regulations or any contractual obligation we might have. Once the retention period has expired, the information will be confidentially disposed of or permanently deleted. This is governed by the laws in Belgium for non-profit organisations (ASBL) for whom we are obliged to keep information pertaining to the running of our organisation (for example, end of financial bank statements with back-up paper documents) so that the authorities can ask to see in an audit at any time.
How does ADHD ASC & LD BELGIUM keep my Personal Data safe and treat Security of data?
Your data will be processed in a way that is safe. We therefore use various security technologies and measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, loss or publication. These technologies and measures are tested on a regular basis and updated if necessary.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures and precautions to protect your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the ADHD ASC & LD Belgium website, so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements, security, or other content on sites outside of the website.
Your Rights: What you Can Do about my your Personal Data
You have many rights under data protection legislation. These include the:
Right of access: You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to send a written request to see your records. We will supply any information you ask for that we hold about you as soon as possible, but this may take up to 30 days. We will not charge you for this other than in exceptional circumstances. You will be asked for proof of identity as the person dealing with your request may not be the staff member you have met before. We need to be sure we are only releasing your personal data to you.
Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about how your personal data will be used. This policy, as well as any additional information or notice that is provided to you either at the time you provided your details, or otherwise, is intended to provide you with this information.
Right to withdraw consent: Regarding the data we process based on your consent (for example, to send you marketing texts or emails), be aware that you can withdraw that consent at any time. To do this, or to discuss this right further with us, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to object: You also have a right to object to us processing data where we are relying on it being within our legitimate interests to do so (for example, to send you direct marketing by email). To do this, or to discuss this right further with us, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
Right to restrict processing: In certain situations, you have the right to ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
Should you wish to contact us about the above you can do so by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you consider that your data has been handled incorrectly, you can submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
The controller of your personal data, under applicable data protection legislation and in legislation and in regard to the processing of personal information, is: ADHD ASC & LD Belgium, Rue Washington 40/5, 1050 Brussels, Belgium. If you have questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us by emailing us: email@example.com.
Upgraded Data Protection Policy: 25 May, 2018.
PDF version available here.